Personal Data, as described in the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (DPA), its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR), other issuances of National Privacy Commission (NPC) refers to all types of personal information, privileged information and sensitive personal information.
“Personal information” refers to any information, whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual.
“Privileged information” refers to any and all forms of data, which, under the Rules of Court and other pertinent laws constitute privileged communication.
“Sensitive personal information” refers to personal information:
- About an individual’s race, ethnic origin, marital status, age, color, and religious, philosophical or political affiliations;
- About an individual’s health, education, genetic or sexual life of a person, or to any proceeding for any offense committed or alleged to have been committed by such individual, the disposal of such proceedings, or the sentence of any court in such proceedings;
- Issued by government agencies peculiar to an individual which includes, but is not limited to, social security numbers, previous or current health records, licenses or its denials, suspension or revocation, and tax returns; and
- Specifically established by an executive order or an act of Congress to be kept classified.
By voluntarily submitting your Personal Data to us, you are deemed to have given your permission – where necessary and appropriate – for disclosures referred to in this policy.
SECTION 1 – WHEN DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect information from you when you send an email or fill-out a consent form and submit the same to us for any transaction, request, or inquiry.
SECTION 2 – PURPOSES OF THE COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
- To enable JRS Express to comply with our corporate policies in relation to data subjects as well as with the requirements under the DPA;
- To comply with JRS Express’ legal obligations under law and the requirements of other government agencies;
- To respond to queries or requests submitted by you;
- To process service or applications submitted by you;
- To evaluate and/or fulfill your transaction with us;
- To perform such other processing or disclosure that may be required under law or regulations.
- To administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with JRS Express;
- To anticipate and resolve problems with any services supplied to you; and
- To create services that may meet your needs.
Additionally, if at any time you wish us to stop using your information for any or all the above purposes, please contact us as set out below. We will stop the use of your information for such purposes as soon as it is reasonably possible for us to do so.
SECTION 3 – CONSENT
How does JRS Express get your consent?
When you provide us with personal information by filling-out our KYC forms, Cash Waybill, Charge Waybill, Contracts, Official Receipt, submit a request or inquiry, and/or to create services for you, you are deemed to have consented that we to collect and use said information for that specific reason/s.
If we want any personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your express consent, or provide you with an opportunity to refuse.
If after you have opted-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you or for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at [email protected]
SECTION 4 – DISCLOSURE
We will not disclose to any third person or entity any personal data unless with your permission, when legally entitled or required to do so (for example, if required to do so by legal process or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime), or if we believe that such action is reasonably necessary to protect and/or defend our rights, property or personal safety and those of our clients/stakeholders or other individuals.
SECTION 5 – THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent reasonably necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us reasonable efforts shall be exerted for said third party providers to comply with such limitation. The necessary data sharing and confidentiality agreements are in place to protect your personal information.
Remember that certain providers may be in or have facilities that are in a different jurisdiction than either you or us.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. When you click on links on our website, they may direct you away from our site. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 6 – SECURITY
To protect your personal data, JRS takes reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure that your personal data is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. JRS warrants that your personal data is secured behind our on-premise server and firewall. Aside from the technological mechanisms in place, JRS restricts access to your personal data only to authorized personnel who hold your personal data with strict confidentiality.
SECTION 7 – AGE OF CONSENT
By filling-out our consent forms and/or by using our website, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state, province or country of residence, and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
SECTION 9 – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at https://www.jrs-express.com/terms-of-service/
SECTION 10 – QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, contact our Data Protection Officer at [email protected] or send a letter to:
Data Protection Officer
JRS Business Corporation
#19 Brixton St., Kapitolyo,
Pasig City, Philippines